PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Give Props to a Fellow Board Member.....

General Scarlett
06-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Now, I know that there are few of us who are not fans of the 'Sigma 6' line, but there are some board members who are REALLY into it........

Chief among them, undisputably, is our resident 'Sigma Customizer Guru' Ruki Ren

I was just on JBL and came across this pic.........and even though I know that Ruki's a 'young'n', that he has made such AMAZING customs made me want to give him a shout out of praise......

So click on the link and scroll down until you get to his post of himself in front of his collection............and remember that this 'kid' has the mad props of a seasoned pro!!!

http://www.joebattlelines.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2205&start=120

Way to go Ruki!! Keep up the AWESOME work!!!!! :cool: ;) :D

Outrider
06-13-2007, 12:20 AM
You're absolutely right Prudence. RukiRen's customs and pics show skills way beyond his years. Most everyone knows S6 doesn't float my boat, but I dips me lid to talent anytime. :) Well done RR, and keep it coming man!

Urban Saboteur
06-13-2007, 06:29 AM
I'm not really a huge fan of S6 but, Ruki's customs are very cool. I was particularly impressed with his 1988 Storm Shadow and 1986 Zandar conversions.

Cool figures! :cool:
Rich

Stormer
06-13-2007, 07:45 AM
As I've said in comments to his pics here -- if Hasbro made S6 figures like his customs, I'd probably have started collecting the line...

lehsreh
06-13-2007, 08:28 AM
[COLOR=Red]i too do not like sigma 6, actually i hate it with a passion. but not matter how much you hate S-6, you have to give him credit. his customs make me wish hasbro made them in the 3 3/4. ive given his pix 5 stars everytime. i even told him once that there must be a S-6 hater out there because his pix were getting 3 stars.[/COLOR]

gung ho
06-13-2007, 08:45 AM
sigme 6 is if'y for me i don't really like the line i only have 2 figures my brother has like 15 figures but i would rather have 3 3/4" figures

ender098
06-13-2007, 08:47 AM
I'm with the majority here in not liking Sigma Six, but from Ruki Ren's work and his posts, I always figured he was in his mid 20's. Seeing how young he is surprised me! He does have talent beyond his years, and is in my opinion one of the few "Authorities" on sigma six customizing!

I have always been impressed by his custom work, but the fact that he is so talented at such a young age deserves recognition!! Kudos Ruki Ren!!!

Ruki Ren93
06-13-2007, 09:12 AM
Wah! It was such a surprise seeing this topic!!
Thanks all!! It means a lot that people are enjoying my customs!

Flint
06-13-2007, 09:31 AM
I have said this before, but I mean it, Ruki Ren93 you are so talented you should work for Hasbro!!! :D AWESOME Job, Keep up the GREAT Work!!! :)

lightingtina
06-13-2007, 03:44 PM
RukiRen's customs are kool. nice job. wish i could do that. my brother is in works on one of them for a custom hes doing for a friend. for the next joe con,
RukiRen what inspiration made you do these custom ?

Ruki Ren93
06-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Some from other people, some just from the 3 3/4th figures!

cobra1
06-14-2007, 02:05 PM
yo ruki, you de bomb!!!

Mobius_1
06-14-2007, 05:57 PM
dang man, you're younger than me, and i thouh me and ranger were the youngest people on this site. you should definetly work for hasbro, but darn those child labor laws! ;) you could be head designer!

yorktownjoe
06-14-2007, 07:59 PM
It is amazing to see Ruki's progression. Taking mediocre S6 figures and building something, actually building something, that you would be hard pressed to create with digital software as simply a picture.

Very fine work! And now we can start prodding you into creating a S6 mini-dio starring a few of your customs. :) Just kidding. Keep up the great work, and thanks for sharing with Joedios!

bigtattoo
06-17-2007, 06:06 AM
Ive seen a few of your customs and always thought they were superb.
Now I know youre just a wee laddie, Im more impressed.
great stuff. :cool: