PDA

View Full Version : Oops! The perils of location shoots.

Outrider
06-03-2007, 11:53 PM
Okay, so I had the bright idea of taking my camera and a few Joes (Cobras, actually) to work to shoot some pics. I start on the early shift on Mondays, and there's not many people around for the first few hours. Anyway, I found a nice location on top of a machine, and started setting up a couple of figures. I got the first one in position, and started placing the second one, which of course fell over and knocked the first figure over too. No real drama, except the first figure fell straight into a 20 litre drum of used machine oil..... :mad:
No way was I leaving my Alley Viper to die a lonely oily death, so I swallowed my pride, rolled up my sleeve, and groped around in the disgusting refuse oil until my AV was recovered. Needless to say, it was not a pretty sight. I had to take it completely apart, scrub every piece in soapy water, and put it all back together again. At least there's a happy ending. The AV survived pretty well unscathed, and I ended up with a few interesting pics.
Moral of the story? Be careful where you place your figures, and don't be a klutz!!!

Blowtorch
06-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Amazing what we go through to get our fallen Joes. Droping a weapon is the worst. When I took my Alpine shot his rifle with the grapping hook fell. I didn't get it back until after all the snow melted.

General Scarlett
06-04-2007, 09:07 AM
I've pulled the dashboard out of my car to retrieve Lady Jaye's camera and Scarlett's crossbow........... :D

Jay
06-04-2007, 09:12 AM
I took apart a fireplace to retrieve an 85 Snake-Eyes backpack.

ender098
06-05-2007, 09:28 AM
And I thought I had problems from the wind knocking over my Joes!!!

Urban Saboteur
06-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Wow.. just wow.. this is commitment at its finest.. I'm with Ender098 here.. most of my problems are with wind... :o Ooops.. that didnt sound so great either did it.. :p :D