PDA

View Full Version : Thinking...

blackgrifter
05-29-2007, 02:10 AM
I was up late, and I got to thinking what questions I would ask Hasbro next time out. The following is what i came up with.

1. why no Big Lob figure? I mean he is the only G.I. Joe from the G. I. JOE movie that was not made.
2. How about doing a Fan Choice figure? Like Sparks, Cool Breeze, or Hawk in a wheel chair.
3. How about a Shooter figure with two versions of her. One could be of her in camo uniform with sniper rifle and the other could be of her in dress uniform, that you could get by using your battle points.
4. For comic book three packs the could do the Red Shadows, with Dela Eden, Wilder vaughn, and Arthur kulik
5. For the six packs they could do the Phoenix Guard.
6. The last thing would do like a build-a-playset or vehical. I had in mind when you buy vehicals or figures you could get parts to build a playset. The first playset could be added to the first G. I. Joe Headquarters, sort of like a second level complete with stairs.

well that is just me thinking at 2 am in the morning.

Jay
05-29-2007, 04:54 AM
Hm, let's see...

1) Because he's a crappy character.
2) Didn't they do that for a comic pack already? And, like, very few people voted on it?
3) No. Because 1987 proved to us that no one wants to see GIJoes in their dress uniforms.
4) Uhm, no. Those Red Shadows sucked.
5) Using what molds? No figures in 6-packs ever use original molds, except for new heads.
6) That's kind of costly and complicated for a toyline with such a niche demographic (face it, GIJoe isn't exactly the hot thing right now)

lehsreh
05-29-2007, 07:00 AM
[COLOR=Red](4) i have to say i would like to see the red shadows, even though i think their uniforms were copied from jim lees x-men comic that had omega red in it.

(6)imo the greatest idea ive ever herd. it would be a lil complicated, but the same parts could be in 3 or 4 figures so if you didnt buy one, you could get the same part from another. i think that would be great. it would be a reason to buy more of the figures you wouldnt buy also, which would help hasbro sell a few more copies. also some people would buy multiple figures to get 2 or more playsets. i really think they should do this. i think even nay sayers would jump in on this one to get a new playset.[/COLOR]

Self-Modifier
05-29-2007, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=Jay]Hm, let's see...
3) No. Because 1987 proved to us that no one wants to see GIJoes in their dress uniforms.
[/quote]

I do...

Stormer
05-29-2007, 09:38 AM
I think a build-a-playset or vehicle is a fantastic idea! I don't think it should be something you'd need the original HQ to use, though; something stand-alone would make more sense for fans who don't have the older sets. Playsets along the lines of the old Checkpoint, Cobra Bunker, Outpost Defender, etc, seem ideal for this sort of thing.

I definitely think it would encourage greater sales -- as a Marvel Legends collector, I've bought figures I'd otherwise have passed on like Baron Zemo, Ultimate characters, X-Men: The Last Stand figures... all to get parts for the series' Build-A-Figure. I'm not as much of a Joe completist, especially when I'm just missing a new version of an old character, and I'm betting there's lots more collectors like me who'd get roped in by a modular playset or vehicle.

bravo
05-29-2007, 10:36 AM
how about asking for a mayday figure?

General Scarlett
05-29-2007, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=Self-Modifier]I do...[/QUOTE]

I'll second that...............

ew3smiley1996
05-29-2007, 07:43 PM
i used to wish they would come out with a total rooster comic of everyone in their dress uniforms and then thier day to day uniforms. and then have a key in the back of the book to explain all the medals other awards so you knew what they had accomplished.

maxtype
05-29-2007, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=ew3smiley1996]i used to wish they would come out with a total rooster comic of everyone in their dress uniforms and then thier day to day uniforms. and then have a key in the back of the book to explain all the medals other awards so you knew what they had accomplished.[/QUOTE]

smiley,I can't give you that,but if you Wikipedia Military Awards Of The US Military,you will see a lot of great illustrations of US Medals and Ribbons........if there is anything you have questions about,PM me or post and I'll do my best to explain......

blackgrifter
05-29-2007, 11:22 PM
I am glad to see not everyone took my ideas negative.

2. Having a Mayday figure never came to my mind but i think she would be a cool figure.
4. and 5. The Red Shadows and the Phoenix Guard could be done using molds that are aready available. John Mounier did both groups on joecustoms that look pretty cool to me.
6. I dont see why it could not be done. Marvel is doing it now.

lehsreh
05-30-2007, 12:00 AM
[COLOR=Red]i think you had some good ideas, so do others it would seem. i didnt like big lob, but i didnt hate him either so i wouldnt mind either way on that. the dress uniform and playset, red shadows and phoenix guard are great ideas imo[/COLOR]

Sonneilon
05-30-2007, 12:10 AM
I admit, Phoenix Guard would be interesting.

I THOUGHT there was a Big Lob figure but I can't find it on yojoe.com Unless it was under a specific set OR they were just customs I've seen.

ew3smiley1996
05-30-2007, 12:13 AM
[QUOTE=maxtype]smiley,I can't give you that,but if you Wikipedia Military Awards Of The US Military,you will see a lot of great illustrations of US Medals and Ribbons........if there is anything you have questions about,PM me or post and I'll do my best to explain......[/QUOTE]

thank you but i can find out the awrds and what they mean since i am in the military but i meant for the individual Joes! but again thank you for the idea!

Swindle
05-30-2007, 12:44 AM
I would buy a Big Lob figure.

ender098
05-30-2007, 07:58 AM
[QUOTE=Jay]Hm, let's see...

4) Uhm, no. Those Red Shadows sucked.

[/QUOTE]

Got to disagree with you on this one Jay, but you're pretty much dead on with the rest!

[QUOTE=blackgrifter]
6. The last thing would do like a build-a-playset or vehicle. I had in mind when you buy vehicals or figures you could get parts to build a playset. The first playset could be added to the first G. I. Joe Headquarters, sort of like a second level complete with stairs.

[/QUOTE]

*SNIFF**SNIFF* Do I smell the linger of BattleForce 2000? Anytime you have a "Build a PlaySet or Vehicle" attached with a line it either tells me the line sucks so bad you need a gimmick to sell these crappy figures or the set sucks so bad you had to include it with the figures because it would never sell and you need to deplete the inventory you made before you realized it.

The StarGate was a Perfect Example. I would have NEVER bought those big unposable figures for that price, but throw the pieces of a StarGate in there and Hmmmm, now I'm thinking about it. Know where the figures would have found themselves? On Ebay! Thank God I decided to make my own!

And another problem with that; The "Exclusive " figure syndrome! They Always seem to make one figure that is a mail in or hard to find figure that has the last piece you need to finish the job, and then you're stuck with something like a 95% complete Stragate!

And the last thing is, like BattleForce 2000, the instructions to create the "Fantasy Fortress" are always vague. I have looked at the BluePrints for all 6 vehicles, and tried to assemble that damn thing five times and there are no places for the parts to snap together! They just set there beside each other! WTF? I might as well take the "Core" vehilces from BF 2000 and circle them!

Don't get me wrong, the idea has Merit, but one of three things usually happens; the figures or playset are crappy, You can NEVER complete the set or the set doesn't fit together well!

ender098
05-30-2007, 08:01 AM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]I admit, Phoenix Guard would be interesting.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, call me Commander Clueless, but who are the Phoenix Guards?

Stormer
05-30-2007, 08:11 AM
[QUOTE=ender098]Ok, call me Commander Clueless, but who are the Phoenix Guards?[/QUOTE]
It's from recent issues of the America's Elite comic; Cobra Commander, in disguise as the President's Chief of Staff, assembled a new elite team to "replace" the Joes. There was something familiar about each of the members of this Phoenix Guard, though, and they all turned out to be Cobra operatives (Firefly, Wild Weasel, Copperhead, Zarana, Scrap-Iron).

It was quite a fun story, and a good way to bring the Commander back into the series -- he'd been busy in his absence...!