PDA

View Full Version : star wars?

lehsreh
05-29-2007, 12:22 AM
[COLOR=Red]taking a break from bickering over duke. i watched the star wars thing and it got me wondering. i know sonneilon used some star wars figures in his dios. im just wondering if anyone else plans to use any in theirs? i know i do, but as of now i have less figures then i do of joes. thats another thing, do you as joe collectors also have star wars figures, do you have then all frank,lol? also does anyone know if there are any star wars dios out there?[/COLOR]

Urban Saboteur
05-29-2007, 04:33 AM
[FONT=Arial]I left SW alone in 1986 and moved onto G.I.Joe in 87. I don't plan on returning to the SW line for collecting or dio making scenes.
My mate is a huge vintage collector, I guess if I was ever going to buy anything it would be the Jawa Sandcrawler.[/FONT]
Rich

Self-Modifier
05-29-2007, 07:58 AM
I used Han Solo, Lando, and Amidala as office workers at the very beginning of my first Transformers crossover. That's it so far though.

Blowtorch
05-29-2007, 10:10 AM
[QUOTE=lehsreh][COLOR=Red]taking a break from bickering over duke. i watched the star wars thing and it got me wondering. i know sonneilon used some star wars figures in his dios. im just wondering if anyone else plans to use any in theirs? i know i do, but as of now i have less figures then i do of joes. thats another thing, do you as joe collectors also have star wars figures, do you have then all frank,lol? also does anyone know if there are any star wars dios out there?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I've not used any in any of my Joe pic, but I am working on a Star Wars dio story that if I'm lucky should be done this week. I'm having trouble converting the Comic book creator page to a jpeg and PDF .

ender098
05-29-2007, 10:25 AM
The only Star Wars guys I have are General Grevious and a Luke Skywalker from the Bacta Tank. I use GG as a prototype BAT. I use the Luke as either a Serpentor Clone or I used him as a prisoner in the Rise of the Shadow Guard Dio!

Lava Boss
05-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Star Wars dios?

Nyub Nyub's universe, where he recreates movie scenes is one.

Rebelscum's forums have a dio story or photo forum I think.

There's lots more out there probably.

I don't do much with my Star Wars figures, the universe is too limiting. If it weren't for the cool troopers and aliens,...I probably wouldn't have many recent figures. Maybe Han Solo. :cool: I'm just not into the Jedi-Sith thing which, since the Prequels began overwhelmed the movies and the EU and the toys. My favorite heroes growing up always used uncivilized weapons (probably why I'm not into ninjas). I did like Luke when I was little. But with the prequels, I found myself not identifying with any of the characters.

bravo
05-29-2007, 07:50 PM
i use star wars in line with my joes all the time. i love take pic with them.
plus i got the first 2 sets of the new line. starwars is getting sweeter.

Sonneilon
05-29-2007, 07:58 PM
From what TG says, there aren't a whole lotta SW dios out there. Most of the 'fans' are so anal, anything out of the continuum wouldn't be real. Joe and TF fans are far more open-minded. I'd love to see a decent SW dio. For the record, I do NOT collect them. I've bought a few here and there. Built 30-some Clone Troopers when Joe was dry.

In my dio, they were armored alien troopers, not Clone Troopers. I was NOT gonna do a SW/Joe crossover.

Blowtorch
05-29-2007, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=bravo]i use star wars in line with my joes all the time. i love take pic with them.
plus i got the first 2 sets of the new line. starwars is getting sweeter.[/QUOTE]

Aren't they I just picked up the Ultimate Galactic Hunt Bossk and IG-88 they are awesome. The new 30th collection line is flat out cool.

[QUOTE=Sonneilon]I'd love to see a decent SW dio.[/QUOTE]

I hope the one I'm almost finished with doesn't disappoint you.

Sonneilon
05-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Look dawg... the only way it can disappoint me is if there's no imagination and the shots are blurry. storywise, i'm probably open to it. Unless you use lame characters like Link Talbot.

Outrider
05-30-2007, 12:11 AM
I love Star Wars, but I threw all my SW figures out many years ago. I never would have used them in a Joe pic anyway, I don't like crossovers of any kind.

Blowtorch
05-30-2007, 07:47 AM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Unless you use lame characters like Link Talbot.[/QUOTE]

Damn it. :D
No Link it's in it, but if I ever want to kill someone off I know who to pick....

ender098
05-30-2007, 08:08 AM
[QUOTE=Lava Boss]

I don't do much with my Star Wars figures, the universe is too limiting. [/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, I would think it would be just the opposite, that the Star Wars Universe is too Limitless. I was surfing Wookiepedia the other day and started learning about stuff like the Mandolorian Wars and the Jedi Civil War...My God, the SW Verse is way WAY TOO Complicated! Obviously George Lucas and his fans need to get Girl Friends, they have way too much time on their hands if they can create a complete history of an entire universe!

But I can see where that would be limiting, too! Couldn't create any characters who violated already established history without fans going beserk! I could never keep up with that huge history!

ender098
05-30-2007, 08:11 AM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Look dawg... the only way it can disappoint me is if there's no imagination and the shots are blurry. storywise, i'm probably open to it. Unless you use lame characters like Link Talbot.[/QUOTE]

Blurry shots? (In my best "Johnny" from Airplane voice) "No one does those anymore"!
Link Talbot is Lame? Why am I always the last to know these things??

Outrider
05-30-2007, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE=ender098]Couldn't create any characters who violated already established history without fans going beserk![/QUOTE]

That's what's so cool about this site. Everyone accepts that we each have our own "Joeverse". We only have to say "In my Joeverse this guy is....", and no one gives you any grief.

ender098
05-30-2007, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=Outrider]That's what's so cool about this site. Everyone accepts that we each have our own "Joeverse". We only have to say "In my Joeverse this guy is....", and no one gives you any grief.[/QUOTE]

[size=4].......amen![/size] ;)

ToneGunsRevisited
05-30-2007, 04:07 PM
The SBD look good with Joes and some of the acessories.

General Scarlett
05-30-2007, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=ender098]........the Star Wars Universe is ...... Limitless. I was surfing Wookiepedia the other day and started learning about stuff like the Mandolorian Wars and the Jedi Civil War...My God, the SW Verse is ........... Complicated! ...............they can create a complete history of an entire universe!

.......... I could never keep up with that huge history![/QUOTE]

The 'Star Wars Universe' is FRAKKIN' A-MAZING!!!! I've got such a vast knowledge of it's inner workings that I have achieved a whole new level of appreciation for not only Lucas, but his phenominal imagination!!!

And honestly?? It's not THAT difficult to incorporate your own spin on the 'SWverse'..............much like we do here with G.I. Joe...........but, yes, the fans are far more 'fanatical' than most.............except the 'Trekkies'.........those people are whack-a-doo's!!!! :p ;) :D

ender098
05-30-2007, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]but, yes, the fans are far more 'fanatical' than most.............except the 'Trekkies'.........those people are whack-a-doo's!!!! :p ;) :D[/QUOTE]

Hey! Bash that lame Lucas Universe all you want, but lay off us "Trekkies"!

Fantom
06-02-2007, 11:34 AM
At one point I was more of a Star Wars collector then Joe collector. I have a respectabe vintage collection as well as a Power of the Force collection. But some time ago I got back into Joe and now don't collect much of the Star Wars stuff. Even though I do pick up a figure or vehicle here and there. The new articulated and detailed figures are just amazingly done now-a-days and some of the vehicles are just too cool to pass up. But as for mixing the 2, havn't done anything like that since I was a kid.

General Scarlett
06-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Fantom, post up that cool pic right here in this thread!!

I had to take it off the main page because it's not 'Joe', but I did like it and would love to see it here!!
;) :cool:

General Scarlett
06-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Somebody posted this on another site and I had to bring it here!!!

Too damned funny!! You've got to click on the following parts after this one..........ENJOY!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLXzFc-Qc1A

And try not to let the guy taking the pics distract you!!!

Fantom
06-02-2007, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]Fantom, post up that cool pic right here in this thread!!

I had to take it off the main page because it's not 'Joe', but I did like it and would love to see it here!!
;) :cool:[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you liked it and I tried to post it in the thread initially by a simple 'cut and paste' but I was unable to. Do we upload our pics like we do under 'Photos'? Or am I just a duphus? Please advise and I will post it in this thread.

Thanks....

Fantom
06-03-2007, 07:06 PM
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Inferno9911/Clones_Bly.jpg

This is just a pic that I really like and wanted to share. Thanks to General Scarlett for helping me out on how to post images in the forum... :)

Blowtorch
06-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Nice picture. I would to get my hands on a Republic gunship. The only ones I can find are on ebay and I can't bring myself to pay $80.00 for one.