PDA

View Full Version : fave joe or cobea couple

lehsreh
05-24-2007, 08:34 AM
[COLOR=Red]weve done almost everything else, so why not this. whos your fave couple? duke @ scarlett, snake eyes @ scarlett, flint @ lady jaye, destro @ the baroness, mainframe @ zarana, shipwreck@ cover girl or whoever in your joeverse is a couple. i myself am going to have to go with destro and the baroness. at first i had picked flint and lady jaye because the new flint is bad@$$ and got me liking him tons more and ive always had a crush on lady jaye :) .[/COLOR]

Urban Saboteur
05-24-2007, 09:33 AM
[FONT=Arial]Yeah, flint & lady Jaye for me too.. although I keep seeing pictures of shipwreck trying to woo covergirl.,. whats that about? [/FONT]:confused:
Rich

Flint
05-24-2007, 09:45 AM
In General Scarlett & My Joeverse we have so many Favorite Couples that it's tough to decide.... Personally, I have to go with Flint & LadyJaye!!! :cool:

Stormer
05-24-2007, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=Urban Saboteur][FONT=Arial]Yeah, flint & lady Jaye for me too.. although I keep seeing pictures of shipwreck trying to woo covergirl.,. whats that about? [/FONT]:confused:
Rich[/QUOTE]
They're an item in the comics now! I posted a pic here right after this was first seen in America's Elite, showing some of the other Joes' reactions...

As for my favourite couple, I'd probably have to say Snake Eyes & Scarlett, because they've come through so much.

Outrider
05-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Destro and the Baroness have always intrigued me, especially the fact that they are from different organisations in Mars and Cobra. They are a bit of an odd couple, too...a mostly honourable Scottish Laird, and a spoilt amoral European aristocrat. Lots of possibilities for plot twists there!

Self-Modifier
05-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Destro and the Baroness are my favorite couple too, for the exact same reasons Outrider mentioned.

I always loved that scene in issue #50 where Destro was leading the evacuation of Springfield and the Baroness mentions that he must be saving Cobra for himself, not Cobra Commander. Destro replies that he will not "discard loyalty like last year's fashions," then says that some men will place honor above love-- And suggests that the Baroness not test him in that regard.

(and right after that was when she started flirting with Serpentor!)

I also like the TV episode "Skeletons in the Closet," where the Baroness concocts some monumentally elaborate scheme to get back at Destro for mildly flirting with a female Cobra trooper. Oh, and "Eau de Cobra," when Destro nearly kills Flint for dancing with the Baroness!

No matter what continuity it's in, it's always a twisted relationship.

maxtype
05-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Lady Jaye and Flint,of course!!! :p And talk about a woman 'taking no crap!!!' I think the high-light of the relationship in the comics was when L.J. decked Flint in # 67!!! One shot to the jaw!!! John Wayne couldn't do it better!!! :D

Slow_Burn
05-25-2007, 02:15 AM
Mainframe and Zarana are my favorite couple.

Sonneilon
05-25-2007, 10:48 PM
Sonneilon and Zarana. Oh yeah, I'd be a dreadnok if I could hook up... After BrockLee's art, you'd want to too!!!