PDA

View Full Version : dioramas??????

picollogoku
09-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Okay maybe i am a huge jerk, but where are all of the actual dioramas? Don't get me wrong some of the photos you guys come up with are just amazing.

Buckwheat826
Violentfix
Hammerfel
Luke Ellison
Miragearmy
Outrider (amazing at photoshop, I myself suck at it)
LeonardoTDragon
Lunatyk
Jedsoon
DOCHOLIDAY56
Raeqwon26
G.I.*Jock (very good and artistic pics)
there are more. sorry if I did not list you (top 12, but not in any order)

To me dioramas are just as important as collecting. I put a lot of effort into my "displays", I don't just take my joes out on grass/driveway and start taking pics. I don't know, what do you guys think. Am I just a jerk.....

Now I have never done any dio stories due to the fact that it would proablly suck and I think my wife would destroy my joes.....so to the guys out there that can thanks for doing it.

If I have offended anyone I am really sorry, that is not my intention. I just want to see if anyothers fell the same way......

Sonneilon
09-29-2005, 05:20 PM
I'm still new at this site so bare with me.

From what I can gather, no dios are actually ON this site. They are pimped here and then you follow a specific link to where the diomakers HOST their own stuff. ie; Luke should have a http:// somewhere on his page and you can find what he's been up to. On the other hand, it's possible Luke doesn't have any because iirc, they are spread all over the place.

Now, if you actually view the Dioramas section, there should be a lil ditty that says, Story Link or something like that in the middle of the page. Hit the link and you'll head on over. I've posted my stuff over on Joedebriefed and set a link that should jet ya on over there.

I know, weird, huh? You'd think the dios would be HERE but they ain't. I get this funny idea that those who create these dios are hi-tech wizards on the computers and therefore, have their own websites to host their stuff. Btw, I'm not entirely sure LeoTDragon does dios, but rather, 1-shots he uses for his reviews on Joebattlelines.com.

And dude, I've done dios that people have laughed at (in a good way), hated (it's all a matter of personal taste), thought was way weird (as I hoped) and well, just plain sick in the head (I did a Slash/Slice worshipping Bionicle dio once...).

http://www.joedebriefed.com/modules.php?name=Fictioneer&file=index&options=DisplayStories&pagenumber=1&categoryid=5&totalpages=-1

Violentfix
09-30-2005, 10:02 AM
I've been very busy lately. I've got a lot of very cool stuff in the works but had to put it on the back burner for now. I'm very excited about a lot of these projects I just can't find the time to get away to my studio recently. Dios will return to my site in time but for now I just need everyone to understand that certain events in my life has caused a delay in production.

Buckwheat826
10-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Thanks for your recognition to everyone who digs doing dios. Believe me since I caught the Joe virus last year, I'm mad hooked. I really wanted to get something together by this fall but I returned to school and have taken a "no-paying" job to accomodate my schedule. So I must say I personally am super busy. I still shop of course :D but as far as getting out and takingshots, building sets, etc, I just am not able to unfortunately. I also had about 40% of the first chapter work stored on my PC, but was all lost cuz I had to flush the drive (damn virus). That really bummed me cuz I put a lot of work into it and will have to start from scratch. My Cobra Commander throne room set has been finished for a couple of months but don't want to spoil it until it's in the story.

I need to build a Joe HQ set. That will prob won't be until winter break :(

Anyways, enough of the excuses. I really hope to do something instead of just jabbing my big mouth away. Thanks for the pep talk. He's right fellas. We've all got talent and I enjoy and appreciate all the stuff we do.