PDA

View Full Version : Another new Hasbro Poll

Fisher
05-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Here were the results when I voted.

Which of these themes would you most like to see most in 2008?
Street Fighter 2 - 12%
Steel Brigade - 47%
Star Brigade - 3%
Ninja Force - 2%
Eco-Warriors - 7%
Sky Patrol - 29%

Vote here: http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/rah/default.cfm?CFID=43406823&CFTOKEN=94838957

Self-Modifier
05-21-2007, 10:21 PM
I voted Ninja Force.

Yeah, that's right-- Ninja Force. I'm not afraid to admit it. I want 25th Anniversary-style figures of Slice and Dice!

lehsreh
05-22-2007, 06:49 AM
[COLOR=Red]for me i went with street fighter. odd choice for me. i didnt want ninja force, ninjas are done to death and steel brigade was the last figures to come out. i actually should have went with sky patrol but i just hit street fighter. i hope its between the two. heres how it stands for now[/COLOR]

Self-Modifier
05-22-2007, 07:52 AM
The more I think about this, the more I wonder why they even put Street Fighter as a choice. It's not like they can just make SF figs whenever they feel like it. They would need to pay to acquire the license from Capcom, and I'm pretty sure they couldn't even do that since SOTA Toys already has the rights to make SF action figures.

Weird.

Sonneilon
05-22-2007, 08:50 AM
What's with these polls? I'm not voting on ANY of those cuz I don't want Hasbro wasting their time w/ stuff like this. They need to be putting out figures, not special teams. :mad:

lehsreh
05-22-2007, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]What's with these polls? I'm not voting on ANY of those cuz I don't want Hasbro wasting their time w/ stuff like this. They need to be putting out figures, not special teams. :mad:[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Red]you know, thats true. i vote just because theres a few figures id like to see in the new mold. like horror show and honda, just to see what they could do with the fat guys, plus those two teams offer more females. ninja force and the others do not, so why do we need them, we dont, and most of us dont even want them. but i vote just to try to see horror show, honda, chun-li and diana. but i agree with you, we really dont want these, unless cobra la was one of the teams, id like to see what they could do with nemesis and golobulus.

the resutls now
[/COLOR]
Street Fighter 2 - 40%
Steel Brigade - 28%
Star Brigade - 2%
Ninja Force - 1%
Eco-Warriors - 5%
Sky Patrol - 24%

[COLOR=Red]thank god, it doesnt look like well see ninja force, even the eco-warriors are outdoing them,lol. im surprised that street fighter is in the top, with so many hating cobra la and all i thought most would hate them also. and heres the latest,
[/COLOR]
Street Fighter 2 - 33%
Steel Brigade - 41%
Star Brigade - 1%
Ninja Force - 1%
Eco-Warriors - 4%
Sky Patrol - 20%

Self-Modifier
05-22-2007, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=lehsreh]
[COLOR=Red]
[/COLOR]
Street Fighter 2 - 40%
Steel Brigade - 28%
Star Brigade - 2%
Ninja Force - 1%
Eco-Warriors - 5%
Sky Patrol - 24%
[/QUOTE]

I can't believe the Eco-Warriors are beating Ninja Force! I'd never expect Ninja Force to win, but c'mon! There are people who prefer neon-green Flint over Slice and Dice?!?

lehsreh
05-22-2007, 01:34 PM
[QUOTE=Self-Modifier]I can't believe the Eco-Warriors are beating Ninja Force! I'd never expect Ninja Force to win, but c'mon! There are people who prefer neon-green Flint over Slice and Dice?!?[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Red]
HA! yeah, even i agree. or star brigade for that matter. did anyone buy those guys in the first place. totally useless in a dio if you ask me.wouldnt mind seeing some manimals, just to have some diversity.[/COLOR]

Lava Boss
05-22-2007, 05:08 PM
I voted Sky Patrol. Because they were ignored in the new sculpt "era".

I don't see why Street Fighter 2 is on there, either. Some of the figures could be cool, but...the whole toy rights issue.

I'd take a new Cesspool and Toxo-Viper.

Star Brigade could be cool if they made it more like StarCom...not tiny magnet feet figures, but more military, less neon and less "red white and blue" colors (Countdown must be very patriotic!).

I think these polls are just to keep buzz going until the 25th figures actually come out.

Strange...I'd kinda like to see a 3 3/4" Adventure Team.

Stormer
05-22-2007, 05:43 PM
I find it mildly disturbing that a)Street Fighter is an option there (I thought the exact same thing as Self-Modifier), and b)it's doing so well in the votes. I worry that it'd give someone at Hasbro the idea that it's the style of the figures that people like and not the characters & world they inhabit. I know the SF figures had "GI Joe" on the packaging but I always saw that as a way of showing what kind of figures they were rather than implying they had anything to do with the Joe Vs Cobra world.

Jeez, if we can have guys who can generate fireballs from their bare hands we might as well bring back the Lunartix and Mega Monsters... Makes Snake Eyes the super-ninja seem rather pedestrian by comparison!

lehsreh
05-22-2007, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE=Stormer] Makes Snake Eyes the super-ninja seem rather pedestrian by comparison![/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Red]
IDk, i think they still have snake eyes built enough that he could beat them all by himself.
street fighter is back on top with sky patrol now in second.[/COLOR]

Street Fighter 2 - 34%
Steel Brigade - 29%
Star Brigade - 1%
Ninja Force - 1%
Eco-Warriors - 3%
Sky Patrol - 32%

Self-Modifier
05-22-2007, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=lehsreh][COLOR=Red]
IDk, i think they still have snake eyes built enough that he could beat them all by himself.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Indeed. Never underestimate the Arashikage Mind-Set technique-- The ultimate way out of any corner you've written yourself into!

(apologies to Larry Hama for that crack, but it is sort of true...)

General Scarlett
06-22-2007, 09:06 AM
[SIZE=4]Hasbro's got another new poll!!!!!

Go on over and vote!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE] :D

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?page=25thAnniversary

As of my posting this, here is the current standings...............

What 25th Anniversary product would you like to see most in 2008?

Comic packs - 8%
Vehicles - 71%
Single carded figures - 17%
Battle packs
- 3%

Stormer
06-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Same as Scarlett's results give or take 1% on a couple.

I voted comic packs...

ender098
06-22-2007, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]What's with these polls? I'm not voting on ANY of those cuz I don't want Hasbro wasting their time w/ stuff like this. They need to be putting out figures, not special teams. :mad:[/QUOTE]

C'mon, they need to know what are hopes and dreams are.......

[SIZE=3] SO THEY CAN CRUSH THEM!!!!!![/SIZE]

:eek:

ender098
06-22-2007, 02:14 PM
I assume that by BAttle Packs they mean the 3 3/4 inch weapons and helmets.....
That is what I voted for, but I would say Vehicles a close second.....and comic 3 packs 3rd (as long as we get DD comic packs!)

Sonneilon
06-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Well, that's an interesting poll and man, I don't know what to choose. I'm not worried about comic packs :P but man... if the battle packs are weapon assortments, word. But then again, don't most of us just order thru Marauders? So that leaves vehicles and single-cards.

Now... The way I see it, vehicles is just as bad as wanting certain characters into figures. We vote vehicles, we could get stuck with... I dunno, Trubble Bubbles, ugly-arse boxy RHINOs and maybe some 90s Hammerheads or something. Then again, IF this line is geared for collectors and adults, hopefully Hasbro will be smarter in their choices. *sigh* I don't think the TRU re-releases of vehicles have done all that well and it seems like a VERY risky move on Hasbro's part. Aren't their MORAYS still sitting at TRUs?

I suppose that means I must vote for single-cards unless Frank convinces me otherwise. If we don't get the WHALE and HAVOC and cool stuff like that in vehicles, I could care less. I got my nu skool RHINO. I got the THUNDERWING. I GOT FIREFLY. ;)

lehsreh
06-22-2007, 02:58 PM
[COLOR=Red]i really wasnt sure what the battle packs were so i went with vehicles, if i known for sure thats what it was i would have voted for battle packs.[/COLOR]

maxtype
06-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Interesting,guys.....I was thinking the 'Battle Packs' were gonna be a Joe version of the Star Wars sets like "Capture Of The Tantive IV" with 5 figures.

I would love to see the GI Joe style Battle Packs come back.

Red Sox
06-22-2007, 04:45 PM
It's gotta be vehicles!! They are an integral part of the Joe line and mythos.

Stormer
06-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Battle Packs are the 5-figure packs, the ones that are launching the 25th Ann line with the GI Joe logo that plays the theme song. They're seeing if we'd rather buy figures in 5-packs than individually (or in comic 3-packs).

I basically chose comic packs because of the characters those could lead to. DDP-style and original characters in particular.

lehsreh
06-22-2007, 06:16 PM
[COLOR=Red]glad i went with vehicles and not batter packs then. i hate buying anything where theres 5 when i may only want 2[/COLOR]

ender098
06-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Graham, YOU GOT A FIREFLY!! IS IT A COMIC PACK FIREFLY? SEND IT TO ME...DO IT NOW!!!

LOL!

ender098
06-22-2007, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=Stormer]Battle Packs are the 5-figure packs, the ones that are launching the 25th Ann line with the GI Joe logo that plays the theme song. They're seeing if we'd rather buy figures in 5-packs than individually (or in comic 3-packs).

I basically chose comic packs because of the characters those could lead to. DDP-style and original characters in particular.[/QUOTE]

FRIG!! WHAT THE HELL? THEY SHOULD HAVE SPECIFIED THAT!!! CAN I TAKE MY VOTE BACK?!?!

Jay
06-22-2007, 08:35 PM
I voted Ninja Force on the first poll.
I voted single figures on the second.

I wanted to see what Hasbro could do with Ninja Force without resorting to neon or bright colors.

And I voted single figures because there's always at least one figure in multi-packs I just don't want and hate having to pay for 6 figures when I only want 4 of them.