PDA

View Full Version : How to make gunfire

Ion
08-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Well, I came across this site and I can see that dio-stories are very popular...

I'm making my Joe dio-stories for about a year and a half from now, and still want to improve them as I could, but either I have no skills or I'm too lazy to learn how to edit a professional looking gunfire on pictures. I've tried a bit, but the results are, to say the least, not satisfying me.
Does anyone know how to make good looking gunfire? (Or have any useful hints).
I'm using Corel Photo Paint if that's any help.
Thanks for any help you could give me

General Hawk
08-20-2005, 02:13 PM
What I've had the most success with is an image I found online for an actual muzzle flash.

Here are some good examples:

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&q=muzzle+flash&spell=1

Basic cut and paste on those flashes, adding some blur, that might work for you. Not sure how Corel works compared to Photoshop (which is what I use) but those might offer some info, anyway.

Justin

Ion
08-21-2005, 01:21 AM
Well, they seem OK, I'll have some fun with them. To be honest, I thought about many different things, but as usual the simplest solutions come the last :)
Thanks for the tip, I'll see what I can do, and maybe I'll post here effects of that work.

Sonneilon
08-27-2005, 12:31 PM
See, I'm such a lamebutt that I just use the spray paint for blasts and gunfire. And then the straight line tool for the tracers or whatever. In other words, I haven't found a decent way yet either. And my explosions SUCK rocks!!!