PDA

View Full Version : stupid prices!!! buy from hasbro.

lehsreh
05-14-2007, 01:12 PM
[COLOR=Red]ok, im looking around at some figures that i cant get on ebay for the price i want. major barrage for example. on small joes hes 16.99, hes 10.99 on bigbadtoystore and 5.99 on hasbro, major bludd is 7.99 on gi joe hq and 5.99 on hasbro. why would anyone pay over 3 times the price sometimes to get a figure from someone who buys it at a place where you can get it yourself? how is gi joe hq, bigbadtoystore and small joes staying in business? buy from hasbro, that way to compete theyll have to buy in excess and sell with at least the same price as hasbro.[/COLOR]

bravo
05-14-2007, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE=lehsreh][COLOR=Red]ok, im looking around at some figures that i cant get on ebay for the price i want. major barrage for example. on small joes hes 16.99, hes 10.99 on bigbadtoystore and 5.99 on hasbro, major bludd is 7.99 on gi joe hq and 5.99 on hasbro. why would anyone pay over 3 times the price sometimes to get a figure from someone who buys it at a place where you can get it yourself? how is gi joe hq, bigbadtoystore and small joes staying in business? buy from hasbro, that way to compete theyll have to buy in excess and sell with at least the same price as hasbro.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I HAD TROUBLE IN THE PASS WITH SMALL JOES.THE GUY IS REAL NASTY.I GOT ONE OF THE TRANSFORMER MCROMEN, AND THE LEFT LEG WAS BROKEN.SO I EMAIL HIM THAT ILL SEND IT BACK FOR ANOTHER. HE TOLD ME NO. IF THE BOX IS OPEN HE WONT TAKE IT BACK. AND HE WAS NASTY ABOUT IT. SO I DONT BOTHER WITH GUYS LIKE THAT . ILL GET IT THEW THE STORE,OR HASBRO,OR THE GI Joe Convention.

ender098
05-14-2007, 02:43 PM
It's simple, newbies don't know how to shop around and find lower prices. I know when I got back into GI Joe, I got skinned for almost $50.00 for the 8 pack they had from BJ's wholesale when I could have gotten them for like $24.99 if I knew where to look.

That, and a lot of times you're buying $150.00 worth of goods from someone and don't wanna turn around and pay $6.99 for the figure from another website and add on $4.99 shipping, when all orders over $100 are free shipping and they're only asking $12.99 for the figure (which is about what you'd pay with shipping from the cheaper site!)

That's how you do it!

I always wondered why people would pay $12.99 a figure on one site when it's only $6.99 from Hasbro! The only time I pay more is when Hasbro sells out (like on the DTC Cobra Troopers!)

ToneGunsRevisited
05-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Does Hasbro ship internationally? Sometimes this can be an explanation. I always look for the one who combine shipping and has the lower costs. Maybe the internationally shipping can be a point to be observed.

lehsreh
05-14-2007, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=ToneGunsRevisited]Does Hasbro ship internationally? Sometimes this can be an explanation. I always look for the one who combine shipping and has the lower costs. Maybe the internationally shipping can be a point to be observed.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Red]
true, shipping could be a part of it, i honestly didnt look into it that much. but 17$ to 6$, the shipping would have to be something else.[/COLOR]

Dersham
05-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Hey TG, unless it's changed recently Hasbro does not ship internationally, not even Canada which for the states is hardly international. So we're stuck buying from guys with high prices, maybe we should make some deals with Frank. :p

ender098
05-14-2007, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=Dersham] maybe we should make some deals with Frank. :p[/QUOTE]

You need something, I'll act as a remailer! ;) Yo Joe! ;)

LordRaven
05-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Frank acted as a remailer when I wanted the Moth 3 set. He's great, if you wanna deal with him, do it, he's great

Urban Saboteur
05-14-2007, 07:52 PM
[FONT=Arial Black]Basically.. I didnt buy from Hasbro.. because they dont ship to the UK.[/FONT] :(

General Scarlett
05-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Rich, read the 2 posts above yours................ ;) :)

Blowtorch
05-14-2007, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=bravo]I HAD TROUBLE IN THE PASS WITH SMALL JOES.THE GUY IS REAL NASTY.I GOT ONE OF THE TRANSFORMER MCROMEN, AND THE LEFT LEG WAS BROKEN.SO I EMAIL HIM THAT ILL SEND IT BACK FOR ANOTHER. HE TOLD ME NO. IF THE BOX IS OPEN HE WONT TAKE IT BACK. AND HE WAS NASTY ABOUT IT. SO I DONT BOTHER WITH GUYS LIKE THAT . ILL GET IT THEW THE STORE,OR HASBRO,OR THE GI Joe Convention.[/QUOTE]

I heard that about Small Joes another company that rips you off is Rage Toys out in Buena Park, CA. I bought two Marvel Legend Showdown figures for my son back in Dec. Spent $33. Never got the figures tried calling no responds so now I'm real picky about who I by from.

Sonneilon
05-14-2007, 09:12 PM
I've never had a problem with Corey (of Small Joes).

Watch the shipping on HTS. 1 figure can end up being close to $12. Better to buy in bulk and pay attention to their shipping deals.

Sometimes, you just gotta buy when the going is good. :P

Outrider
05-14-2007, 11:29 PM
[QUOTE=ender098]I always wondered why people would pay $12.99 a figure on one site when it's only $6.99 from Hasbro! The only time I pay more is when Hasbro sells out (like on the DTC Cobra Troopers!)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, Hasbro won't ship to Australia, so I don't have much choice. I have had to go via third party sellers or miss out. :mad: :( Frank, I may have to take you up on your kind offer!
As for Smalljoes, I have been buying from them for years, and have never had a problem.

nando
05-15-2007, 08:19 AM
FRANK is the man .......

nando
05-15-2007, 08:22 AM
the same problem here , hasbro dont sell worldwide , i always buy at smalljoes and joearmory but i have problems there , they lost 1 order , damn...

Urban Saboteur
05-15-2007, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]Rich, read the 2 posts above yours................ ;) :)[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]It's not at all I didn't read the post above.. I do have someone stateside.. a contact in Baltimore.. so I could redirect the stuff there... but I have to ask a multi million dollar company can't offer International shipping to the UK .. especially when personal websites can? :confused:
It almost seems petty to me.. we won't ship to the other countries because sales in the past to those countries hasn't been as good.. which really leaves the collectors in those countries in the lurch..[/SIZE][/FONT]

snakeeater
05-17-2007, 08:31 PM
In case you missed the news from joebattlelines:

# DISCOUNT: The code "FNFSPR7" may be redeemed for 25% off the order total and free shipping at HasbroToyShop.com. The promotional code expires on May 28, 2007.

I'd been wanting to make an order, and looks like waiting paid off. :)

bluestalker88
05-18-2007, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=Urban Saboteur][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]It's not at all I didn't read the post above.. I do have someone stateside.. a contact in Baltimore.. so I could redirect the stuff there... but I have to ask a multi million dollar company can't offer International shipping to the UK .. especially when personal websites can? :confused:
It almost seems petty to me.. we won't ship to the other countries because sales in the past to those countries hasn't been as good.. which really leaves the collectors in those countries in the lurch..[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

hey Rich, you do know that hasbro has a different company in the UK right, thats why they wont send stuff overseas, hasbro international doesn't sell gijoe as much any more.

Nick

Stormer
05-18-2007, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=snakeeater]In case you missed the news from joebattlelines:

# DISCOUNT: The code "FNFSPR7" may be redeemed for 25% off the order total and free shipping at HasbroToyShop.com. The promotional code expires on May 28, 2007.

I'd been wanting to make an order, and looks like waiting paid off. :)[/QUOTE]
So, er, Frank...

:D

ender098
05-18-2007, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=Stormer]So, er, Frank...

:D[/QUOTE]

Shoot!